20 October 2006

The Earth Moved

An experience in the bathroom

So I was sitting there - just a few minutes ago - and suddenly I noticed that the bathroom door was swinging back and forth. I gave this some thought, because the bathroom is a totally inside room, and - other than the trapdoor in the corner - there is no possibility of air passing through ...

And then my throne shifted, sideways several times. I opened my mouth to call Peter, but he was already calling out "Hey! Did you feel that?"

We know this is an earthquake zone, but that was a funny little tremor. Maybe its just our building settling into a hole.

We called to our friends next door who were out on their balcony having a smoke, but they hadn't noticed anything.

But me, I have my shoes on. I'm ready to head down those steps. I might even sleep with my shoes on tonight.

No comments: